Do you have a scarcity mindset where you believe there’s only a fixed number of resources in the world? Even though you may not be aware of it, your scarcity beliefs highly impact who you are and how you lead your life.
In this episode of the For Kick-Ass Women Only podcast, we talk about the 3 most common signs you have a scarcity mindset. A scarcity mindset is more than believing there’s a lack of money, and if you want to achieve your goals and create success, you must be ready to shift your scarcity mindset into an abundant mindset.
Listen in to learn the importance of acknowledging your uncomfortable feelings about others’ success so you can shift your mindset and heal those feelings.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- [1:30] Intro
- [2:14] Defining a scarcity mindset – believing that the world has a fixed number of resources.
- [3:16] How our scarcity beliefs are handed down from generation to generation and are affirmed into us by our families in obvious and less obvious ways.
- [6:10] You believe there’s not enough by hoarding things, overindulging, and finding it difficult to be generous.
- [10:39] You find it difficult to be genuinely happy for others’ success – jealousy feelings driven by your scarcity mindset and how you can shift that mindset.
- [13:33] You don’t allow yourself to dream or set big goals and are certain that things won’t work for you, so you stay stuck in your current circumstances.
- [15:51] Cultivate an abundant mindset that recognizes there are unlimited resources in the world, what others have doesn’t take away from what you have, and there’s unlimited potential.
- [16:39] How to practice changing your mindset from scarcity to abundance.
- “We are absolutely impacted by our scarcity beliefs even though we may not be completely aware of the extent of them.”– Kathy [3:07]
- “Believing there’s not enough is the biggest sign of having a scarcity mindset.”– Kathy [6:14]
- “What your overindulgence is actually covering up is a feeling of emptiness, an emptiness that is spurred by a sense of lack.”– Kathy [8:31]
- “People who overindulge sometimes feel that they have no control over themselves at the moment yet they always regret their overindulgence later.”– Kathy [9:02]
- “When you believe there are limited resources, you’re going to be less likely to share those resources because you always believe or fear it taking away from what you have.”– Kathy [9:41]
- Become an insider! Join the ‘For Kick-Ass Women Only Club‘ here: https://bit.ly/join-fkawo-club (this is CASE SENSITIVE)
- Learn more about me here: https://coachkathywilson.com
- Follow me on Instagram at: @thecoachkdub